Friday 22 June 2012

Meet the Fattylympian: Isha

Say hi to Isha!

Who are you?
My name is Isha (pronounced eye-sha), and dabble in a few creative things: writing, photography, making bags and blogging.

What does the Fattylympics mean to you?
It'll be my first time coming to this event, and look forward to meeting some amazing people who actually look like me! I'm looking forward to making like-minded friends in an environment where I won't be made to feel like an outcast. It's a level of acceptance that us plus size folks rarely get.

What's the best thing you can do with your body?
Compliment it with clothes that make you happy. If that means wearing a pencil skirt, then wear it, regardless of the amount of looks you may get for squeezing your hips into it! I personally LOVE wearing pencil skirts. Also, try things that take you out of your comfort zone- colour and pattens can be incredibly flattering- if you never try, you'll never know.

Who would you most like to invite to the Fattylympics, and why?
This is going to sound incredibly soppy, but I'd like to invite anyone who wakes up everyday and avoids looking in the mirror because of how they look (Charlotte: this might be the point to start singing the Fattylympics Anthem!). I want them to know that they are not alone and that there is a growing community that is there to give loving support and encouragement. I want anyone who attends to feel proud of their bodies, proud of their curves/flab/stretch-marks/non-commercial beauty, and realise that true beauty comes from loving yourself and realising that those that don't accept you, don't matter (I know it's a constant struggle).

Egg or Spoon? 
Egg surely?!An egg's hips don't lie ;p

What else would you like to say?
Er, shameless plug, but I have a blog : / I've only just started it actually, so it's baby steps thus far, but you can also see a small selection of the jewellery and bags that me and my partner in crime make: creativetypefashion.blogspot.co.uk

Are you a Fattylympian? Wanna be featured here? Get in touch: beefergrrl@hotmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Super proud to be on here. I hope others take part in this, it's such an important cause. Can't wait for July 7th! x

    ReplyDelete